A multi-disciplinary line-up starts with Professor Howard Rush who will critically analyse humanitarian responses in general. This will be followed by Dr Nicola Khan discussing mental health issues of asylum seekers and Jo Wilding addressing the impact of cuts to legal aid on asylum seekers. The session will finish with Professor Avril Loveless and Riam Ismael highlighting the importance of hearing the voices of refugees.
19 May, Thursday, Mithras House, Room G5, 15:10-17:00
– Niki Khan: Mental Health intervention for Afghan Migrants on the Move
– Avril Loveless: Refugee Tales
– Jo Wilding: Legal aid cuts, quality of asylum legal services and the refugee protection crisis
– Eugenia Markova: poster re: Refugee crisis
– Howard Rush: Strengthening the Humanitarian Innovation Ecosystem
Chair: Mark Doidge
The event is part of the annual Festival of Social Science and it is taking place within the MARS sponsored Refugee Month.